Welcome to ‘Swimming with Bobby’, Episode 1 (Part 2) with Australian swimming star Matt Wilson.
In this episode, listen to Matt detail the sacrifice and commitment from himself and his family, on his journey to the top of the world. Matt is providing some insight into his training as well as a few tips on breaststroke technique. Matt also shares what went into this decision to join the London Roar in the inaugural season of the International Swim League (ISL) before we close out this first episode.
Missed Part 1? Don’t worry! You can listen to the first part of the episode with Matt Wilson in our archives at https://proswimworkouts.com/swimming-with-bobby-episode-1-matt-wilson-part-1.
Episode 1 – Podcast Notes
- What got you attached to the sport of swimming? (0:20)
- Talent ID: What did your coaches and parents see in you? (2:00)
- Springwood to SOPAC at 14yo (2:50)
- 3:45am Wake-ups (4:45)
- Age group career: ‘The Breaststroke Prodigy’ (6:50)
- Narrow Misses = …. A Fire! (9:20)
- Day-to-day training with Adam Kable @ NSWIS (12:45)
- Memorable training sets – ‘The fat kid doing fly!’ (14:00)
- The SOPAC squad (15:30)
- The rise of NSW Swimming (18:40)
- Breaststroke tips/evolution (21:30)
- Racesuit: Speedo Intent (24:30)
- ISL (26:10)
Support Coach Hurley with a premium membership. Use the coupon “Hurley” during your registration and you will also get 20% off any subscription plan.