Welcome to ‘Swimming with Bobby’, Episode 1 with Australian swimming star Matt Wilson.
In 2019 Wilson equalled the World Record in the semifinals of the 200m Breaststroke at the FINA World Championships in Gwangju, only to see that WR get broken by eventual champion Anton Chupkov of Russia, with Wilson finishing with silver.
Listen in to the detail of Wilson’s preparation leading into the World Champs, his deepest thoughts and feelings during the biggest week of his swimming career and his live commentary on watching the replay of these races for the first time since the World Champs.
Stay tuned for Part 2, detailing the sacrifice and commitment from the Wilson family on his journey to the top.
Episode 1 – Podcast Notes
- Summer 2019 – on fire! (1:05)
- 5 weeks out from Worlds (3:44)
- Taper – You did what?! (6:05)
- World Champs Day 1 – “I’m on!” (9:21)
- Mixed Medley Relay – GOLD! (11:55)
- Recovering like a World Champ (14:59)
- WORLD RECORD! (20:39)
- Anton Chupkov: Friendly rivalry? (25:10)
- Video Replay: Semi Final (26:31)
- Video Replay: Final – The most exciting race of the World Champs (32:05)
- Double thumb cramp – a new swimming meme (37:50)
- How to win in 2020? (39:10)
- Finishing off Gwangju (43:10)
Support Coach Hurley with a premium membership. Use the coupon “Hurley” during your registration and you will also get 20% off any subscription plan.