It was a challenging year for many of us including more downs than ups and yet there have also been unexpected things that have come out of it. Lessons that have reminded us of what matters most in life, adapting and discovering new ideas and new ways of doing things and finding opportunities amid the challenges.
We are incredibly proud to have served you this past year, and hope that our platform has helped in some capacity. We thank you for being an integral part of our community!
To close out 2020, let’s take a look back on our journey through the year by sharing some numbers and thoughts about this past year. The PSW platform saw the pageviews drop to about 70k over the last 12 months – close to 50% down from last year. With the pandemic and our downtime during the month of October, unfortunately, this number comes as no surprise. And indeed, it’s also a good reminder that long term this “KPI” is likely to climb very slowly and will require a lot of energy to maintain, let alone attempt to drive growth to our platform.
Throughout 2020, we posted 284 workouts and kept a good “pace” considering a full month of downtime. However, we are moving to a slightly different “schedule” in the new year – providing a new workout 5 days a week, a “deep dive” into our archives once a week, and a “recap newsletter” at the end of each week.
Through our partnerships with the Off the Blocks Swimming Podcast and The Poolside Pass, we will hopefully continue to add valuable content and resources to our platform in the new year.
While many say they would like to forget 2020, we hope to remember what it taught us and are looking forward to 2021. Let’s embrace the new year!
Read our previous “Year in Review” posts for 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016.
The following sixteen workouts & resources by our Contributors have been most popular during the year – which ones were your favorite?
1. Coaching Children Aged 8 to 11 [Resource]
2. 3×3 Swim Plan
3. Coach Stuart – 50 Ultra-Short Race-Pace Training
4. Broken Swim Chart by Coach Kevin Pierce [Resource]
5. Podium Swimming – High School Day 29 – Pre-Meet Workout
6. T2 Aquatics – Active Rest Taper Practice
7. T2 Aquatics – Age Group Workout
8. Jan 9, 2020 – Victor Swim Club – Enduring Speed
9. Podium Swimming – High School Push Into State Meet Taper
10. Jun 23, 2016 – PSA – Capacity Session – Anaerobic Power Set
11. PSU Club Swim – Sprint Stroke
12. 100 x 100’s on the 100
13. Jul 15, 2014 – Podium Swim Club – Speed & VO2max
14. Jan 22, 2014 – Pace work for 500 swimmers
15. Victor Swim Club – “It’s Not “Winter Break,” its “Winter-Get Ahead”
16. Rattler JO Group – Sprint 50 Set
Find all workouts and resources in our archives.
1. Kayak Drill
2. Sprint Recovery
3. Freestyle Relaxation Drills
4. Vertical Dynamic Motion
5. Breaststroke Speed Drill
Watch more videos in our archives.
1. Swimming with Bobby – Matt Wilson (P1)
2. The Swim Brief – On Test Sets
3. The Swim Brief – Taper Talk
4. The Swim Brief – The Legend of 100x100s
5. Swimming with Bobby – Matt Wilson (P2)
Listen to more episodes in our archives.
Are you not benefiting of our premium memberships yet?
Join as an individual or team today!
Want our monthly most popular workouts and other news delivered to your inbox?
Subscribe to our Newsletter below!
Utilize the benefits of ProSwimWorkouts on the go!
Download our mobile applications for your iOS or Android device.